New Details Emerge About Joe Biden’s Quest to Turn the Military Woke
U.S. Rep. Chip Roy (R-TX-21) and U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) this week published a report that documents how President Joe Biden and members of his administration force woke ideology upon the military.
These practices, Roy and Rubio said, threaten U.S. security.
The report, titled “Woke Warfighters,” reveals how Biden uses the military to promote critical race theory, sex reassignment procedures, and drag queen story hours for children. Biden does this as he protects woke military leaders from accountability.
RELATED: The U.S. Military Has a New Enemy: The Weather
“Our military’s singular purpose is to ‘provide for the common defense’ of our nation. It cannot be turned into a left-wing social experiment. It cannot be used as a cudgel against America itself. And it cannot be paralyzed by fear of offending the sensibilities of Ivy League faculty lounges or progressive pundits,” according to Roy and Rubio’s report.
“The world is a dangerous place, and the Biden Administration’s insanity is eroding our greatest source of security in it.”
The report cites the following examples, among many others, of how woke policies sap combat readiness:
• An admiral told midshipmen at the Naval Academy that they need to read “How to be an Antiracist,” which teaches that present discrimination remedies past discrimination. The book also teaches capitalism is racist.
• Military services now train members on transgender service policy and advise on how to use pronouns properly and when to recommend that subordinates consider gender reassignment surgery.
• An Air Force Academy professor boasted about her desire to make students learn how to “identify the structural racism and inequality that has been endemic in American society.”
• Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin directed all service members and Department of Defense civilian employees to spend one day discussing extremism within the ranks. Chinese and Russian leaders loved this stand-down, as it “sowed further divisions in the United States and allowed them to tell their people that America’s government is a failure.”
• The Biden Administration’s 2022 National Security Strategy — which is supposed to outline America’s strategic interests, the threats we face, and how to counter them — promotes diversity and inclusion in its first topic.
IN THE NEWS: Democratic Congressman Makes Baffling Remark About Nancy Pelosi
The Biden Administration’s “Countering Extremist Activity Working Group” (CEAWG) found that “cases of prohibited extremist activity among service members were rare.” In a force of more than 2.1 million active and reserve forces, only 100 cases exist, according to the report.
“Focusing on what is different among us, rather than that which unites us, only serves to foster division and discontent among service members,” Roy and Rubio’s report said.
Send story tips and other story suggestions to [email protected]