Ominous Warnings that Election Results Could be Illegitimate
As prospects for Democrat victories in the midterm elections continue to wane, woke progressives and Deep State bureaucracies are warning of the potential for foreign interference and domestic voter intimidation, which could affect the results in close contests. Considering Democrats and the mainstream media universally insisted that 2020 was “the most secure and fair election in history,” it might seem odd that these same people could become election deniers if they lose.
Setting up a Fake Premise for a Contested Election
The groundwork for the Democrats’ baseless election denial claims—sorry, I couldn’t help myself—was first laid by Secretary of Homeland Security, Alejandro Mayorka, in March 2022 while speaking before the National Association of Secretaries of State. In his remarks, Mayorka stoked the flames of voter fear and gave the Democrats the cover they needed to develop conspiracy theories that could be later used to contest close elections.
“Each day, all of you, election officials under your purview, confront threats to the security and integrity of our elections from foreign interference, nefarious actors, and others – cybersecurity threats from sophisticated, state-sponsored threat actors and cyber criminals, increasing physical security concerns including unprecedented levels of threats and harassment targeting election officials, and what is increasingly becoming rampant mis- and disinformation about elections that undermine confidence in our democratic institutions.
“Our bulletins, such as our NTAS bulletins, highlight calls to violence in response to unsubstantiated claims of election fraud and other false narratives. I have spoken publicly about the fact that domestic violent extremism is the greatest terrorism related threat we face in the homeland today. That is individuals driven to violence by ideologies of hate, or false narratives, and other forces.”
Note the darkness of Mayorka’s ominous warnings. “Calls to violence,” “physical security concerns,” “cyber-security threats from state-sponsored threat actors.” Yet, among the many paragraphs of fear mongering, there are no specific examples offered to justify the gloomy predictions.
Unfounded Claims of Election Interference and Intimidation
On March 16, 2021, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) released a statement regarding foreign interference in the 2020 election that said, in part:
“… the Department found no evidence that any foreign government-affiliated actor manipulated election results or otherwise compromised the integrity of the 2020 federal elections.”
Yet, on June 7, 2022, the DHS released these statements:
“As the U.S. 2022 mid-term elections approach, malign foreign actors could bolster their messaging to sow discord and influence U.S. audiences in keeping with practices during previous election cycles.”
“Foreign adversaries remain intent on exploiting the dynamic threat environment to sow discord, undermine U.S. democratic institutions, and promote or inspire violence by their supporters.”
So, while foreign actors were relatively benign and had no impact on the 2020 election, they now represent a potentially grave threat to the 2022 midterms?
The Media’s Rigged Election Spin Cycle Begins
Plugging into the woke progressive feedback loop, the FBI poured fuel on the voter intimidation narrative by issuing a memo identifying 110 reported threats to election workers the Bureau found worthy of investigation. Keep that in mind. Nationwide, in a country of 330 million people, the FBI only found 110 threats worth investigating. Of these cases, apparently 58 percent occurred in states that experienced election disputes, recounts and audits. There was no mention of how many of these threats actually turned out to be credible.
You get what’s going on here?
What followed the official alert from the nations’ top law enforcement entities was an avalanche of articles and social media activity all warning of the likelihood of voter interference, suppression and intimidation. The steady drumbeat of propaganda is setting up the basis for Democrat grievances and lawsuits should they lose in the close elections that will determine control of the House and Senate.
Just look at some of this nonsense.
- Reuters-Ipso released a poll in late October claiming 43 percent of registered voters were concerned about threats of violence and intimidation while voting in person.
- Newsweek published a piece on November 7th claiming Russians are actively interfering in the 2022 election.
- CBS News reported that “U.S. cyber officials say China has been actively spreading disinformation in a way it hasn’t seen before, seeking to sow chaos by manipulating social media.”
- Axios reported that in Colorado, FBI and Homeland Security analysts alerted election officials that Colorado is one of the top states for threats to poll workers. Somehow, 35 poll watchers affiliated with election denial factions also represent a grave threat to voters in Colorado.
- A U.S. District Court judge issued a temporary restraining order to keep unofficial poll watchers 75 feet away from drop off ballot boxes they were monitoring in Arizona. Despite the limited number of people participating in this activity, media outlets sounded the alarm, warning voters they could be confronted by armed extremists actively trying to intimidate people using a drop box. For context, I personally traveled to seven drop box locations in Arizona, and except for armed police officers, I never encountered anyone who was even watching a drop box. Not once.
Be Prepared for Claims of an Unfair Election
As we know, woke progressives have no sense of shame or understanding of the definition of hypocrisy. They can change positions in a blink of an eye if it furthers their goal of authoritarian rule. If increased scrutiny prevents them from using the methods and practices that led to the rigged 2020 outcome, expect to hear a non-stop chorus of faux outrage as Democrats and the complicit media claim the outcome of the midterm election was illegitimate.
Remember, this is the party that can’t win an election without cheating in some manner, and they know it.