New Resource Reveals the Truth About Alejandro Mayorkas
Alejandro Mayorkas is either corrupt or stupid, at least if you read between the lines of a new resource the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) published this week about the Department of Homeland Security secretary.
Mayorkas is the man President Joe Biden selected to head the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
In August, the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) encountered the highest number of illegal immigrants. That number was exactly 304,162, according to FAIR.
“The number of suspects on the FBI’s Terrorist Watchlist attempting to cross our borders has also spiked on Mayorkas’ watch,” FAIR wrote.
“In the last year of the Trump Administration, just three suspects were encountered trying to illegally cross the border between ports of entry. So far in FY23, at least 151 have tried to do so.”
Among only a few of the facts documented (so far) on FAIR’s resource page:
• Alejandro Mayorkas is selling unused border wall parts. The Biden administration sold 81 lots of steel square structural tubes intended for border wall panels, and 729 hollow beams. Several more lots are for sale. The sales generated a little more than $2 million, which hardly made a dent in the cost incurred through open border policies.
• Since Alejandro Mayorkas took over, up to $300 million worth of border wall parts remain unused.
• In Fiscal Year (FY) 21 and 22, the number of illegal aliens declined by roughly 70 percent — not even keeping up with the hundreds of thousands of known criminal illegal aliens. More than 11,000 detention spaces were consistently left empty.
• Taxpayers now pay almost $35 billion more to provide for illegal aliens.
• In May, foreign-born workers accounted for 18.1 percent of the U.S. labor force. Last year broke records for foreign-born workers. Their participation was the most in 27 years.
• Foreign-born men continued to participate in the labor force at a considerably higher rate in 2022 (77.4 percent) than their native-born counterparts (66.0 percent).
As reported one year ago, Biden encourages as many illegal immigrants as possible to enter the United States. But by enabling this behavior he ultimately hurts the citizens and legal immigrants who survive among the nation’s working poor.
That was according to an analysis that the Washington, D.C.-based Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) published last October. Author Andrew R. Arthur, the CIS’ Resident Fellow in Law and Policy, warned inflation had already “eaten a full month of workers’ yearly paychecks.”
Follow Warhammer on Twitter @Real_Warhammer